PREMIERE PORTFOLIO HOMES SPECIFICATIONS
FOUNDATION: 36" high continuous block crawl space with brushed cement finish. Optional solid concrete slab and basement foundations are available.
FRAMING: All Southland Homes are built on site, board by board, with select and/or #2 grade building materials. Floor joists, floor and roof trusses and/or roof rafters are sized and spaced to meet or exceed most National Building Codes. Wall studs are 2"x 4" at 16"on counter. Ceiling heights are 9' to 10' on main floor and 8' to 9' on upper floor, per standard plans. Trey and/or vaulted ceilings are per standard plans.
FLOORS, WALL & ROOF SHEATHING: Floor sheathing is ¾" tongue and groove, AdvanTech® glued and nailed to floor joists or trusses. Wall and Roof sheathing is ZIPSystem® which combines a structural engineered wood panel and water resistant barrier all in one and is far sturdier than conventional roofing felt and housewrap. The ZIPSystem® promotes better energy efficiency and provides superior moisture protection during and after building. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
VENTS: Continuous roof ridge (or turtle back vents if insufficient ridge line) and continuous soffit vent system reduces heat in attic, reduces cooling costs and makes shingles last longer.
ROOF: 12" boxed-in roof overhang for superior moisture protection. Shingles are Certainteed® (or comparable) 30-year architectural. Front bay windows have galvanized, ribbed steel roof painted in black, brown, or gray (per standard plans). Other optional metal roofs are available.
SIDING & EXTERIOR TRIM: Cemplank® (or equal) 8" fibercement lap siding with pre-primed spruce trim as follows: 8" outside corners with 10" cap and base; 6" window and entry door trim; 6" frieze and fascia boards; 10" gable band boards. Porch posts are per standard plans. Front porch railings are 2" PT turned pickets. Shutters are vinyl: choice of raised panel or 4-board w/"S" hook. Optional brick, stone, stucco or shake or board and batten siding is available. Porch floors and decks are all #2 PT pine. Please note masonry applications may require changes to standard exterior trim. Actual exterior trim details shall be per the final, approved plans.
EXTERIOR DOORS & WINDOWS: Front door is stain grade insulated fiberglass. Other swing doors are insulated embossed steel. Kwikset® hardware. Windows are wood-look, maintenance-free vinyl with Low E glass and tilt (or) removable sash for easy cleaning, plus built- in exterior vinyl brickmould.
GARAGE DOORS: Overhead garage doors are painted metal with raised panels and heavy duty spring loaded track systems. Each door includes a ½ horsepower, chain driven electric opener, with two remotes.
INSULATION AND AIR INFILTRATION SEALING SYSTEM: Blown fiberglass in flat ceilings with "R" factor of up to 30; 3 ½" of wall insulation with a total wall "R" factor of up to 16; 6" of floor insulation with "R" factor of 19. To reduce air infiltration wall sole plates, exterior wall corners, framing tees, door jambs, window jambs, and mechanical holes are caulked and/or insulated.
PLUMBING: Complete per plans with water/sewer lines ready to hookup outside home. Ceramic tile shower with glass door in master bath. Spurlin® gelcoat fiberglass (or comparable) tub and showers in spare baths. Spurin® gelcoat fiberglass (or comparable) garden tub in master bath. American Standard® (or comparable) china elongated, water-saver toilets and pedestal sinks. 50 gallon Rheem® high-efficiency electric HW heater tank (optional gas HW heater tank or tankless HW heaters available). Delta Leland® washerless faucets: 8" spread faucet(s) in master bath and powder room; goose neck faucet in kitchen. Kitchen sink: choice of Kohler® 8" deep, double-bowl, cast iron, porcelain drop-in or Rugby® (or comparable) 8" deep, double bowl, 18 gauge stainless steel undermount. Laundry room sink is Rugby® (or comparable) 8" deep, single bowl, 18 gauge stainless steel drop-in with Delta®Classic chrome laundry faucet. Your choice of 17" oval drop-in china or recessed cultured marble bath sinks.
ELECTRICAL & LIGHTS: Complete per plans with 200 AMP GE (or comparable) circuit breaker service. Includes a designer lighting package, smoke detector(s) and plenty of outlets. Overhead garage doors include a ½ horsepower, chain driven, electric opener with two remotes.
GUTTERS: Seamless aluminum, maintenance-free gutters with baked on enamel finish.
INTERIOR WALLS & CEILINGS: ½" drywall glued and nailed. Ceilings have your choice of a smooth finish painted white or a white textured finish.
CENTRAL HEAT & AIR: 13 SEER, high efficiency, energy saving Amana® (or comparable) heat pump with central air conditioning. Includes programmable thermostats and insulated ductwork. Optional gas heat available.
CABINETS & VANITIES: Custom built, all wood, furniture quality kitchen, bath and laundry cabinetry with the following standard features:
- Finished wood interior (box) with continuous run wood shelving.
- Finished wood, dovetailed, easy-glide drawers.
- Crown moulding.
- Full overlay furniture style doors.
- 5-piece mitered trim drawer fronts.
- Tilt drawer(s) at kitchen and laundry sinks (when available).
- Your choice of the following woods: Alder; Maple; Oak; Hickory; Knotty Pine, or Thermafoil in White or Almond. Optional Cherry is available.
- Your choice of numerous door styles.
- Your choice of numerous stain colors. Painted and glazed finishes available.
- Your choice of numerous door knobs and drawer pulls.
- Your choice of several custom options such as: glass doors; roll out shelves; appliance garages; decorative wood range hoods; microwave shelves; beaded or paneled wood refrigerator, oven, pantry or cabinet ends; stemware racks; plate racks; fluted sink step-outs; refrigerator panels; baking pan dividers; wine racks; spice drawers; lazy susans and more.
- Your choice of granite or Corian® solid surface in kitchen in a wide range of colors.
- Cultured marble in a wide range of colors in baths and laundry room.
- Your choice of 17" oval recessed cultured marble or drop-in china sinks in bathrooms.
- Your choice of 8" deep double-bowl 18 guage stainless steel undermount or Kohler® porcelain drop-in kitchen sink with Delta Leland® gooseneck faucet.
INTERIOR DOORS AND TRIM (all paint grade):
- Your choice of 3 door styles.
- 3 ½" RB-3 (Howe) moulded casing on doors and windows.
- 5 ¼" moulded baseboard (9 ¼" available).
- Wood window surrounds
- Oak/poplar baluster stair railing per plans (wrought iron available).
- 5 ½" crown moulding in following rooms: master bedroom and bathroom; formal living room; dining room; kitchen and breakfast area; keeping room and foyer.
- Callan® hardware in brushed chrome or antique bronze.
- Your choice of Kenmore® Energy Star electric cooktop, range hood, separate oven and dishwasher or a $2,400.00 allowance.
EXTERIOR & INTERIOR PAINT: Two coats of quality Sherwin Williams® available in over 60 decorator colors on walls and trim.
BATH & CLOSET ACCESSORIES: Mirrors (full width of vanity). Glass shower door in master bath. Vinyl-coated wire shelving in all closets.
FLOOR COVERING: Your choice of oak hardwood or ceramic tile in foyer, kitchen and breakfast area, laundry room and all bathrooms. All other rooms have Mohawk® carpeting with high-density 6 pound pad.
MISCELLANEOUS: If shown on the floorplans, these FEATURES ARE INCLUDED as follows: ceiling heights; front, rear, side, and screen porches; bonus rooms (finished); computer desks; window seats; butler pantries; PT wood decks shown on plans at exit doors. Optional FEATURES NOT INCLUDED per plans as follows: glass block, whirlpool tubs; cedar chests; skylights; ironing boards; fireplaces; gas bibbs; bookshelves; built-ins; media centers; kids nook chests; cleaning tables; microwave ovens or other appliances over standard allowance; hanging benches; patios; PT wood decks UNLESS shown on floorplans; brick, stucco, or stone; shake or board and batten siding; metal roofing (except on front bay windows on some standard plans).